Frequently Asked Questions
Riverside Insurance Agency Malta Limited takes very seriously the protection and use of your personal data. We only ever use your data in order to process the policy you have purchased and to make it available to the Insurer and the Claims Handler. Data is stored securely in a high quality data centre and we have put into place adequate security to protect your data at rest.
We would never pass your data to any third party not involved in the performance of your insurance policy.
We may contact you as follows: -
- To advise you that your policy is due for renewal if you have purchased an annual policy
- ON any matter to do wit the performance of your insurance policy
- If we are instructed to by the Regulator
Throughout the process you will have access to product information including what is and is not covered including links to the policy wording. As part of the quote process we will create an Insurance Product Information Document (IPID). After purchase, we will email you an IPID, policy wording and a certificate of insurance which forms your policy and should be read together.
For any policy amendments or change of details please email email@example.com or call us on +356277282989.
Your premium will be refunded in full, provided You have not commenced Your Trip, have made or are intending to make a claim. You may be requested to provide documentary evidence in the event that You request to cancel Your policy after Your policy has incepted.
If you have cancelled your policy, a refund should take not more than 3 working days. This is the amount of time it takes us to receive your premium when you purchase a policy. Any refund is back to the card used during purchase.
If you have received a payment error notification, you should contact a member of our customer service team by email, live chat or telephone.
Any person living in one of the countries listed below is eligible to purchase this Policy.
In addition: -
- There may be age restrictions please check on the quote page.
- You will also need to have a full, internationally recognised driving licence appropriate for the vehicle being rented.
- Not driving against the advice of a medical practitioner.
When renting a car the rental company will apply an excess being the amount that you are responsible for in the event that the rented vehicle is damaged during the rental period. The excess is normally applied irrespective of how the damage is caused.
The Rental Company will normally try and sell you an Excess Waiver which removes the excess on the rental agreement. Our experience is that the Excess Waiver can vary in cost up to around €20 per day and may have gaps in cover compared to the products sold by us.
No, excess insurance is not compulsory. It is advisable to consider whether you can afford to pay any charges you may be liable for in the event of damage to or theft of the vehicle. By covering your excess with an excess insurance policy, these charges may be reimbursed to you. Excess insurance is there to give you peace of mind that, should an incident occur, you will be covered.
Yes! Tyres, windscreens and key cover are all included in our car hire excess insurance policies.
This is a reimbursement insurance which means you have to suffer a loss first, that is, pay the excess / cost for damages to the rental company, then claim back on this policy to reimburse you the costs paid out (up to the cover limit as displayed on your Certificate of Insurance).
We offer a number of optional extras to tailor your policy to meet specific requirements, please note the amount of cover is shown on your certificate of insurance.
- Dual lead driver - Allows two persons to rent cars independently of each other.
- Extended rental cover - Allows any single rental up to 62 days
- Battery Failure - Covers the cost of replacing the vehicle battery.
- CDW - increases the maximum amount of cover to €75,000, useful if renting in North America
The maximum amount payable in the period of insurance as shown in your certificate of insurance. Once the annual aggregate limit is exhausted this policy is automatically cancelled and you are then liable for all and any future excess payments as defined in your main insurance policy.
The policy covers 6 additional drivers so long as the rental agreement is the name of the policyholder. For our annual policy you can add or delete drivers as required free of charge. Please note after the policy incepts we are unable to amend the Lead Driver.
The claims process is dependent on the cooperation of the rental company in providing the supporting documentation required for the claim. Please register a claim with Orchard Administration within one calendar month. Once the claim has been registered, please provide the claim handlers with the supporting documentation requested. Once all of the required documents have been provided, the reimbursement is made within 5 working days.
You must notify the claim handlers within one calendar month of the end of the hire agreement. For claims details, please refer to either your policy document or Certificate of Insurance and contact the claims handlers in the time frame specified.
You would need to settle payment with the rental company first, and then claim the reimbursement back through our online claims process. Claims are handled by Orchard Administration via their online website. The details of our claim handlers can be located in our policy document on page 4 of the Policy Document and at the bottom of the Certificate of Insurance issued after purchase.
- Claim Handlers: Orchard Administration Limited
- Website: claim.orchard-administration.com
- Contact Number: +35627782988
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting documentation required during the claims process:
- Certificate Number and the Scheme Code both of which are shown on the Certificate of Insurance.
- A copy of and proof of purchase of your Hire Agreement.
- A copy of the local police report, if required by law in the country where the loss occurs.
- Your copy of the Hire Company accident damage report and a photographic picture of the damage caused.
- Invoices / Receipts / other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of the damage to the Hired Vehicle for which you are seeking reimbursement.
- A final repair Invoice from the repairing garage which details the breakdown of parts and labour.
- Copy of your credit/debit card statement showing payment of the damages which you are seeking reimbursement.
- Copy of the driving licence of the person named on the Hire Agreement in control of the vehicle at the time of the incident.
- Your bank details: a. UK Bank – Sort Code and Account Number b. Bank based outside the UK – IBAN and BIC.
Claims are handled by Orchard Administration Limited. You can submit your claim online via the claim portal. To submit a claim you will need: -
- Your certificate of insurance
- Accident damage report detailing the damage to the rented vehicle
- Any applicable invoices
- Proof of payment
- If the incident involved a third party - their name, address and vehicle details
If you are unable to submit your claim online you can call us on +35627782988